Friday, July 08, 2022

 I was happy with only one semi-final today, in which Djokovic beat the handsome Englishman. The temperamental Greek got a walkover because of the absent Nadal, and will be with us for the final on Sunday. In the olden days they played both the men’s and the women’s final on the same day. Not now: the women’s final is tomorrow, and I can skip it.

 

The pattern of the Lilias Day yoke is now extremely simple and I got quite a bit of knitting done during the change-of-ends. The penultimate colour has been wound and attached. And I found a one-size-larger needle – just the right length, too – which gives me the ease I was hoping for.

 Wordle: it was a good day on that front, as well. I got it in three. So did Alexander's friend Mark. The others (and Queer Joe, who often posts his results to Facebook) did worse. My two starter words gave me two greens and a brown – all vowels. I struggled valiantly to find a word that used them all and didn’t use any of the already-eliminated consonants. And when I finally found one, it was the answer.

 Helen came, and we walked out with my new machine. I had ambitions to get across to the garden, but didn’t feel strong enough when it came to the point. However, we walked up and down a bit and it was grand to be out. 


 



7 comments:

  1. Jean,
    I also got Wordle in 3 today. What are your starter words? My latest are train & mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are "about" and "reign," which work pretty well for me.
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:26 PM

    And m

    ReplyDelete
  4. And mine are "ocean" and "fruit", which fairly often allow me to get it in 3. (Sorry, the Anonymous comment above was my bungled attempt.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou2:22 AM

    I got it in four - I choose words at random to start, generally. I' going to make note of Beth's method, since i rarely get it in three! Happy you and Helen and the machine made it out for some action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. =Tamar5:35 AM

    The right needle makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Wordle today in 6!! Yikes, I usually manage to get it in 3 or 4. At least I finished!
    Looking forward to a photo of Lilias Day.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete