Thursday, July 14, 2022

 

Michaela found the first legwarmer, a great relief. And it was “right around here somewhere” – under another piece of knitting which I wouldn’t have lifted for a long time, had I been searching on my own.

 

Much of today has been devoted to thinking about my blasted hip. Helen rang the surgery early (no small achievement) and booked a telephone conversation with our doctor. I think I see things slightly more clearly. I’ll go on like this, at least for the summer, working hard on my exercises. I think the dr doesn’t think that I’m a desperately good candidate for surgery. He also thinks that increasing discomfort/pain may made up my mind for me.

 

I didn’t get out for a walk because I was waiting for the doctor’s call until a few minutes before Michaela left.

 

Not much knitting. I have finished off the neckband of the Lilias Day and bound off. I’ll finish it tomorrow, and then I’ll probably block it, moved by your comments. KD gives careful instructions, and for one who has blocked large pieces of Shetland lace, the procedure holds no fears.

 

Wordle: Ketki and I needed five, Mark and Alexander only four. I will have to tighten up my technique again. I used Jean-words in both lines three and four. They were both very useful, but if I’m ever to score better than five I’ll have to start using actual possible answers in those rows.

5 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:41 PM

    I guess there are ends to weave in before you can mark the Lilias Day as complete on the side bar. It's still a milestone to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensible not to make any decisions too quickly re your hip. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 PM

    I use “Jean words” by accident often! Today was five. I fell on the back deck last night, carrying a tray with plates and glasses. Nothing broke, either me or the dishes. My right wrist is quite sore where I whacked it. I can still knit, but weeding is out of the question…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordle in three today. I don't have any special words which explains why I lost my streak (46) of success a while back. I like the serendipity of using a word I just heard or read to start off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Well that’s good if the dr. Is not worried. Chloe

    ReplyDelete