Friday, July 15, 2022

 

We had some blessed rain this morning. Scotland often feels sorry for itself, with some justification, when England basks in summer sun and we have nothing but cloud and midges. But England – and indeed much of Europe – sounds too hot for comfort just now whereas things are very pleasant here. A dry spring has meant fewer midges than usual, too. Today’s rain has gone and the sun is now shining, gently.

 

Helen came and we got all the way around the garden with my new walking machine.

 

I’ve finished the Lilias Day except for blocking. I have seen tidier underarm grafting in my day, but in general I am very pleased with it. Now I’ve got to face back up to those legwarmers. The secret is to keep at it.

 

I had a message this morning from Misa Hay about the fourth volume of Shetland Wool Adventures, which will be with us soon. It was she who organised and led the woolly trip to Shetland which I went on relatively recently. I have been tempted by previous issues of SWA but have abstained: too expensive. This one I think I’ll go for. Here's the link. The patterns look good and the text looks interesting.

 

Wordle: My two starter words yielded only one letter, but that one green. I used a Jean-word in line three, which yielded another green and a brown. I set myself to find a possible word for line four – and it was right! Alexander also got four, five for Mark, six for Ketki. So I wasn’t the class dunce today!

3 comments:

  1. =Tamar6:42 PM

    Congratulations on keeping at it, on several fronts! A full circuit of the garden is no mean achievement. The SWA sounds interesting, but my system won't show more than a tiny thumbnail so I can't judge by the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patterns in the book look good. You could make Calcutta Cup socks. Not too much knitting : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jean. I'm Patricia from California (currently in Turkiye) and I discovered your lovely blog a few months ago. I'm a knitter, too and I just ordered some Shetland cobweb yarn to knit a Shetland shawl. I see you are making two different ones. May I ask which Sharon Miller pattern to do you suggest I try? I'd like to use the modern construction technique of knitting from the center outwards. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete