Monday, July 04, 2022

 

It’s frustrating not getting out in this perfectly reasonable weather, but otherwise all is well. I’ve done the first decrease round in the yoke of the Lilias Day, and most of the next round. I can’t find my needle gauge – in my experience, it’s the Knitting Accessory Most Likely Not to Be There When Wanted – and so, although I sit there festooned with circular needles, I hesitate to go down a size length-wise.

 

Mary Lou, I was sorry to hear about your lost ball of yarn, and interested to hear about the striped linen tee-shirt. (Comment, Saturday) I love stripes. I have been rather impressed lately with the quantity of Kate Davies’ Schiehallion there seems to be in my stash cupboard. And Lilias Day will contribute more – the kit I bought contains ordinary 50-gram skeins for each of the yoke colours, far more than needed. Maybe I could make up an Evendoon of my own, to replace the one Helen put in the washing machine. I suspect a winning stripe design is not as easy as it looks. I hope your tee-shirt is going into your Ravelry shop in due course.

 

Wordle: I failed again. It is one of those Wordle specials – I had four greens, middle square empty, but there were too many possibilities and I chose the wrong ones.  Ketki failed too – that never happens -- with a very similar scenario except that in her case it was the second square that was empty. What a versatile word!

 

My NHS physiotherapist rang up. She is going to come around on Wednesday to deliver the outdoor walking frame, with seat for resting on and container for my sausages. I told her I would be grateful for some conversation about the future. The more I hear about arthritis, the odder it seems to choose hip replacement when I’m not in much pain. I can’t walk because I can’t trust the leg to support me, but maybe that’s a different matter. We’ll talk about it when she comes on Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion from past experience. Maybe, make a list of your questions, and note the answers. I have found that so many times I have forgotten the one thing I really needed to know, and remember it 5 minutes after the OT has left. I hope she gives you some useful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:13 PM

    Or record the conversation using your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou11:41 PM

    I am making the stripe pattern up as I go along. I'll see how pleased I am with the final outcome. If I create a pattern from it, I don't think it will be in linen, as these are leftovers from quite a while ago, and the Euroflax from Louet is no more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Mary Lou, do you mean gone from your stash or gone from the yarniverse? If the latter, Louet has handed over the reins to the sport weight Euroflax to Lofty Fibers. Don’t know about the worsted weight. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. =Tamar8:50 PM

    There is a huge difference between "not much pain" (when not moving) and "no pain"! Don't do subconscious self-sacrificing--your being in pain does not spare anybody else. Rather the opposite, as being pain-free makes life easier for everyone else too. You can be pain-free and able to walk, and that will help no matter where you live.

    ReplyDelete