Tuesday, July 26, 2022

 

Well, I did it. The patterned part of the second legwarmer is done, subsequent stripes and final decrease round dealt with – only the final ribbing remains. And finishing, of course, as always. The pleasure, as mentioned yesterday, of finishing something I wasn’t enjoying, is immeasurable. Next, I think, confecting an Evendoon stripey pullover for Helen from leftover Shiehallion yarn of which I seem to have a lot. While thinking about Fergus’ 2022 Calcutta Cup whatever. We’d better lose next year. When I embarked on this project, Scotland’s Calcutta Cup wins were in the hen’s teeth category for frequency. Not so, of late.

 

Not much news otherwise, and nothing else in the way of achievement.

 

Wordle: I don’t want to hobble back to the kitchen to get my iPad, so we’ll have to hope this is right: three for Mark and Thomas (clever boys), four for me and Ketki, six for poor Alexander. It was one of those Wordle specials, of course, where he had everything except the first letter. Queer Joe failed altogether at that hurdle; easily done. So my winning streak, now extended to a pitiful 20, is the longest it has ever been.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:11 AM

    I think 20 is a great winning streak. Keep it going! I had a very good streak a month or so ago but lately it has been rather lame. Anonymous Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete