Tuesday, July 12, 2022

 

I am grateful for your kind messages yesterday. I feared I had jinxed myself forever by venturing into politics.

 

Michaela and I got over to the garden this morning with my new walking machine. She observed that animals in this country are very well educated. C. came to see me. She has been staying away lately after being exposed to Covid but has decided that she has now had enough days of testing clear. She is not long back from a week’s holiday in Italy, very much enjoyed. It was in the north – Lake Garda – which is not where my heart lies.


Her daughter Christina, son-in-law Manaba, grandson Hamish are expecting kittens any day now. I am promised a visit.

 

Wordle: three for both Alexander and Ketki, four for Mark, five for me. Nothing from Thomas again – perhaps he’s losing interest. It was one of those dreadful days when my starter words yielded four browns and I was stuck with anagram-solving. I could not think of a qualifying word – lines three and four were both Jean-words, which couldn’t have been right. However, as often, they yielded useful information, including a green tile for the missing fifth letter.

 

Knitting: again, not much. I’ve done the final decrease round, however, and was glad to discover that my needle is not too long – it will see me through the final four rounds of colour knitting. Then I will have to go back to my basic needle as far as gauge is concerned, but a shorter one than I was using before (or dps, of course). I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

4 comments:

  1. =Tamar8:45 PM

    Good going, walking to the garden! And kittens to look forward to, as well. The rest of the yoke should be all right, knowing it only gets smaller, thus faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten years old is VERY old for a laptop. There are fairly inexpensive ones that would probably be a great improvement. Repairing or upgrading laptops is can be very hard or not worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lou4:07 AM

      It took me 6 today! I had the last 4 letters and had to keep guessing the initial consonant, wrongly so many times. I expect little Hamish is going to be fun to see with the kittens! Glad you are getting out again.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Dear Jean, in this Covid (may never be a POST-Covid) world getting your hip issues resolved, i.e. possible replacement sooner rather than later is highly suggested before hospital beds start getting scarcer. Is there anyone out there who has had experience with octogenarian hip replacement? As that may be an issue. We all want to see you going into your nineties with a hop, skip, and a jump, not a wheel chair. As always a very good doctor to give the best advice. There is also this gene therapy something-or-other being done here in the U.S. that seems to work for some people, at least as a stop-gap. The name always eludes me. Will provide it when I find it. May not be advised or existent in Scotland, anyway. Chloe

    ReplyDelete