Monday, July 25, 2022

 

All well – and the best news is that I have finished the blue-on-indistinguishable-blue band on the second legwarmer. There are four more two-colour rounds to go, with colours which can easily be distinguished and they are rounds which are pretty easy anyway. There’s a bit more knitting to do after that, and of course the final ribbing, but I can switch back to ordinary dp’s and enjoy myself.  Laying something aside for “a while”, especially when it’s something you’re not entirely enjoying the knitting of, is very dangerous, as we all know and I feel particularly delighted to have reached this stage.

 

C. came. We got to the garden, although not very far within. She doesn’t have any more news from Christina and Manaba but at least the weekend is over and help will be somewhat easier to get if needed. Indeed some friend-or-neighbour took wee Hamish to nursery this morning.

 

I forgot to show you this picture yesterday, the first open eyes:




 

I am told that the litter consists of three girls and a boy. This is one of the girls. She will clearly grow up to be a formidable cat. That's Christina's pregnant tummy she's sitting on. 

 

Wordle: four today for me and Alexander and Mark, three for Ketki and her son Thomas. I have now equalled my longest winning streak, a paltry 20: so tomorrow is a big day.

 

Comments: in today’s post-mortem, Mark or Alexander mentioned that he had rejected the idea of BLOKE as too British. I was particularly glad to hear that you had tried it, Frequent Frogger. (Not that it was right.) I keep trying to tell them that the NYT may sometimes offer words that seem to us to be too American, but they won’t exclude anything for being too British. Such as MIDGE. And Beth, it is interesting, if distressing, to hear how common they are in Canada.

 

Janet in Seattle: I’ve scored a hole-in-one, like your mother. It’s no fun. A two is what I dream of.

 

Ron in Mexico: It is always good to hear from you. I’m glad to hear that you use my starter words (TRAIN and HOUSE). You certainly don’t need to give me credit on the rare days when they prove to be of use.

3 comments:

  1. MAry Lou11:30 PM

    So Hamish will have a new sibling! More knitting in store? I got Wordle in 3. I have never done better than that. Finally finished the linen stripes. Weaving in ends, endlessly. (There must be a pun or joke for that somewhere.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:53 AM

    Great news on the knitting! The kitten is impressively beautiful. We had an early-pm thunderstorm and just had a no-storm, brief power outage--my guess is that a line went down somewhere and they had to shut it off to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:48 AM

    Hi Jean, I do Wordle every day with my two sisters. We alive in different time zones so we have to wait to share our results. I often use your first two words and find them helpful.
    Yesterday I didn’t succeed for the first time in a while.
    The kitten is so cute, seeing the world …
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete