Wednesday, July 20, 2022

 The weather feels as hot as before, although it probably isn’t. I didn’t go out. I devoted the morning to a much-needed bath. It is a precarious undertaking in my feeble old age.

 

Knitting went well. Progress is slow, but it’s steady that counts. I’ve now done 70 of 96 patterned rows. I’ve finished the second of three charts – Calf and Leg Shaping are done, Ankle remains.

 

Crochet66, that’s a good idea about a Calcutta Cup headband. It wouldn’t wear out like a sock. I’ll see if anybody is interested.

 

Wordle: Ketki and Alexander and I did it in four, Mark and Thomas needed five. It was one of those Wordle specials: we all reached, by various paths, the position of having four green tiles, with only the fourth letter missing. I thought of two possibilities; fortunately the second one was right. Mark had three failures before he got it right, Thomas two, Ketki and Alexander, like me, only one. When we got chatting about it after all the results were in, we thought of six letters altogether that could have fitted in that slot. It’s a wonder we all got it right.

 

Phase one of the competition to be the next Prime Minister is over. Despite all my fuss about thinking in categories the other day, I was struck by the fact that when the field had been reduced to five candidates (sometime last weekend?) we knew that the next Prime Minister wouldn’t be a White Man.

1 comment:

  1. =Tamar7:10 PM

    Headband or hat-- a hat would allow for some regular Fairisle knitting. Would a headband be usable in summer as a sweatband?

    Beware of category voting-- e.g. there have been some stinkers of female politicians too, and we have a prime example of a POC person in the system over here that would be just as bad as BSJ was.
    Still, on principle, maybe at least there is some progress.

    ReplyDelete