Thursday, October 06, 2022

 

A bonny, breezy October day. Helen and I got around the garden.

 

I am pretty well prostrate after my day-long efforts with the MKAL. Here is a blurry picture of my achievements to date. 



I think the worst is over and that it’ll speed up somewhat. I was surprised to learn – I don’t think this is a spoiler; anyone who has bought the program has, by now, watched the Part One video – to learn that Part One yields a complete piece of cloth, bound off and Kitchiner’d. I certainly hope Part IV won’t require the knitting of a matching piece. But Stephen W. doesn’t go in for symmetry much – I’m probably safe.

 

Waking up this morning was like Christmases of yore. Not the ones that involved going into the freezing kitchen before dawn to put the turkey in the oven, but the ones before that when one longed to be allowed to start on the presents.

 

I did better than expected on Fergus’ sweater yesterday evening – I finished the second skein of yarn and wound the third and knit a bit with it.

 

Wordle: I think we’re all here today. Three was again a popular score: me, Mark, daughter-Rachel, Thomas, granddaughter-Rachel. Four for Ketki and Theo. Alexander beat us all with a two.

4 comments:

  1. You sound like your old self with your on-the-go knitting projects! So good to read of your progress and enthusiasm with the knitting, as well as your progress around the garden. The October weather here in NC is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou2:05 AM

    So glad that the MKAL is so much fun! And I am rather pleased with myself because I got Wordle in TWO. I think I’ve only managed that once before. Lucky guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar3:48 AM

    That's an impressive amount of work--I was expecting just a cast-on and perhaps a few rows.
    The weather here was lovely today but I didn't make use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkling day here in Sussex. Got out into local NT gardens and PEOPLEWATCHED. How I've missed peoplewatching!

    ReplyDelete