Monday, October 10, 2022

 I knit resolutely on. It was another fine October day, but I had my bath this morning and was still faintly damp of head at walking time.

 

I think I’ve done six of my eleven 8-row repeats. That begins to sound a bit better:




 There’s no difficulty in knowing how far one has got to go – just count the stripes. It’s also easy to see just where you are in the 8-row repeat. I have resolved to try to do at least one repeat a day, and not more than two. After that one begins to get tired and confused. With such a schedule I could finish Part One in the middle of next week. And will do doubt get farther and farther behind after that.

 

I wish I had discovered the Westknits MKAL earlier in life. This time next year I’ll be ninety!

 

I’ve signed up for Kate Davies’ new serialised book. It’s called Allover, about colour. KD instalments help to brighten this soon-to-be dismal time of year. As does a Westknits MKAL.

 

Wordle: four for Ketki, Alexander, Thomas; five for me and daughter-Rachel; six for Theo. Mark was today’s champion with three. No entry from Granddaughter-Rachel, but she has answered the question that troubled us all yesterday. She failed to get VIGOR, you may remember, despite having the first, second, fourth and fifth letters. She guessed wrong twice. She tried VISOR and VIZOR. Wordle accepted both, a bit oddly; but both were wrong.

5 comments:

  1. I had a 4 today. Switched about 3 weeks ago to "hard" setting. Works better for me - keeps me from wasting guesses.
    Your shawl looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lou6:03 PM

      I had no idea there were settings! I did it the "hard" way because I thought it made sense!

      Delete
  2. this is why I won't do Wordle - I am too old a cat to learn new spellings - it is "vigour" to me so I would have tried "visor" first and then "vizor". Yes, I know American-English is different but I don't think that way! Retreating to wash my paws of it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:26 AM

    I am so enjoying your progress and photos on your MKAL. Westknits are always so fascinating and beautiful. I didn’t join but you have inspired me to get the pattern and try these lovely stitches.

    I also enjoy the Wordle discussion. Vigor was awful but I managed it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Sometimes I think anyone who didn’t become an avid knitter by the time they were twelve has regrets of some kind that they didn’t start sooner. There is so much to learn and so little lifetime to learn it in. Chloe

    ReplyDelete