Saturday, October 08, 2022

 

We had another splendid October day. Daniela and I – and her small son, who comes along on Saturdays – got around the garden. I didn’t find it entirely easy. No Daniela tomorrow, but C. is coming.

 

I have forged on with the MKAL. I’ve done two of my eleven needed repeats – 12 rows in all, I think. That is about capacity. I concentrated today’s pic on just one end, so that you could see, perhaps, the separate bars of alternate colours and, to the left, the way they will finally be braided together. For now, they mean slow progress. The pattern, indeed, becomes familiar, but the constant casting on and binding off doesn’t get any faster.


 

I thought about the point you raise in yesterday’s comment, crochet66, but I think I have finally decided to allow myself to look at part two when it arrives on Thursday. The object is to keep up the momentum. As long as I’m moving steadily forward, there’s no harm (I have decided) in knowing what comes next. But “next” is the limit. If I’m still working on part one when part three arrives on the Thursday after next, it’ll have to wait.

 

Needless to say, there’s an abundance of chatter on Ravelry. It’s nice to feel part of an enthusiastic group.

 

Wordle: I got a four today (my fave). It was a popular score: Alexander, Ketki, Thomas, Theo and Mark. Daughter-Rachel scored six, and Granddaughter-Rachel failed altogether. Her grid shows clearly that for lines five and six, she had four greens and was missing only the middle letter. Alexander comments “You know at least two words that I don’t”. And I agree – I can’t imagine what those two words could be. It’ll be easier to discuss it tomorrow when puzzle 476 is finished for everybody and I can tell you what those four greens were.

2 comments:

  1. Shandy7:46 PM

    So those separate bars are essentially "knitted" up to make the braid effect? I was looking at some of the over 5000 projects on Ravelry. I don't think I have ever seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar9:47 PM

    That looks clever... I guess if I understood the casting off and on, I'd be in the KAL.
    Weather is Octoberish today.

    ReplyDelete