Wednesday, October 26, 2022

 

It was a lovely Christening. Here they are, slightly back-lit:



You can't see much of Quinn. So far, he looks a lot like his brother Hamish.

 

I’m pretty tired, but I’ve done a bit of knitting, including the final row of cables for the second cable section of Clue Two of the MKAL shawl. It remains to polish off a couple of rows and do the i-cord bind-off. That won’t stop me waiting breathlessly for the final clue tomorrow morning.

 

James and Cathy are arriving tomorrow afternoon. All is ready. You may not hear from me again until Sunday. I still enjoy cooking, although it is hard work dragging this useless hip around – and I especially enjoy cooking for more than just myself. I’ve planned a couple of tasty easy-peasies.

 

Wordle: I scored my much-wanted four, and felt very pleased with myself until the other scores started coming in. Almost everybody else found it easier. Two for Alexander, three for both Rachels, Thomas, Theo and Mark. Ketki got stuck and scored five. Like me, she had a guess with four green tiles and only the first letter missing. So did Theo, in fact, but he had that on line two. 


We have been trying to coax Theo’s father, my brother-in-law Roger, to join our group. He’s a keen Wordler. We learned only today that he’s suffering from a Covid-induced brain fog. I didn’t even know he’d had Covid. Roger is the youngest of the Older Generation – younger than his wife, my sister, who is in turn younger than I am.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 PM

    I remember Roger from years ago when he was writing a very interesting blog. Oh dear, I hope the brain fog clears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar10:57 PM

    It has definitely turned cool and damp here in MD. We finally got some leaf color--the maples are turning red. A few, somehow in microclimate places that were colder, even turned brilliant red. Time to dig out the long woolen boot socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely that you got to the christening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Lovely portrait of the young family. So good you could attend.

    Annie in California

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou4:46 PM

    A nice photo. I do hope Hamish is adjusting to the new brother! And I saw another MKAL shawl in person; you are much farther along and I like you color choices much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:50 AM

    What a lovely photo! I'm so glad you managed to get there (and that I've managed to rediscover your blog after many years absence).
    LornaJay

    ReplyDelete