Sunday, October 02, 2022

 It’s been a successful day. We got to the vaccination centre in good time, and, sure enough, it was fully in action at 8:45 on a Sunday morning. I was dealt with promptly – a minor but welcome spin-off from the pandemic in this country. I got both injections, and  have had no ill effects. Of late I have kept my tape measure and my needle gauge – two vital tools determined to escape, especially the latter – I have kept them tied to my walking frame. They turn out to serve as a first-rate conversation starter.

 

We went on to Waitrose which I half-expected to prove a cornucopia of delights hidden from the on-line-orderer, but it was not so.

 

The rest of the day has been somewhat subdued, although there has been plenty of knitting on Fergus’ sweater. I am anxious to put in as much mileage there as possible before the MCAL starts. Tamar, “rhubarb” is red in the Schehallion scheme of things. A subdued, darkish red, perhaps comparable to the stem colour of the mature plant. I.e., not the delicious pink of forced rhubarb in January. Fergus looks string-bean thin, but his chest measurement is just short of 40” and he wants a bit of positive ease, so it takes me quite a while to knit all the way around him.

 

On top of all this, Helen wants more length on the recently-completed Evendoon. I blocked it for extra width (which I have achieved) without worrying about length. I don’t quite see how it is to be fitted into the present scheme of things.

 

Wordle: I have partially redeemed yesterday’s failure by scoring a respectable four. My fours-total is now only one less than the fives. Thomas and both Rachels – daughter and granddaughter – also scored four; everybody else got three.

1 comment:

  1. =Tamar11:18 PM

    I'm glad you had no ill effects. My shoulders were sore a day or two. Vaccinations being free and readily available at any pharmacy is a wonderful spin-off from the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete