Friday, October 07, 2022

 

It’s been a blowy day, with fits of rain, and in Helen’s absence – she’s in Madrid – I made that an excuse for not walking. I’ll have to do better tomorrow.

 

The MKAL was slightly less prostrating today, and I made good progress:




 

(a slightly sharper picture than yesterday’s) Stephen warned us that it’s not a competition, but it’s hard not to look at it like that. I reached row 16 today, and found the ominous instruction: repeat rows 9-16 11 more times (nor is that quite the end). What you see is me about halfway through the first of those 11 repeats. I can’t possibly finish before next Thursday, when the second clue will appear. I’m worried because it’s hard. Not exactly difficult, but hard. I’m afraid that once I fall behind, it will be all too easy to give up altogether. Stephen promises that the next clue is easier – and the reward for perseverance, of course, will be a brand new Stephen West shawl, suitable for Christmas giving. I like my yarn, and the way the colours look together.

 

Wordle: I failed again today. My winning streak was only five days long – not enough to regret. Many of us seem to have found it tough. Theo, in another midnight performance, scored six. Alexander, Thomas, and Granddaughter-Rachel needed five. Ketki and Daughter-Rachel were today’s stars, with four. No news from Mark.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    The MKAL is gorgeous! Carry on! The colors are so nice.
    I managed Wordle in 3 today as did one of my sisters. It was a total surprise when all the greens came up! The other sister failed totally even though she had most of the letters. Easy to choose the wrong one. And it was not a Wordle word....in our opinion!
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar10:36 PM

    That looks like a classic afghan pattern. As it goes on, it should become nearly automatic. You've done trickier shawls before. Are all those repeats in the same colors? Different colors would make it easier to note progress. I wonder if anyone in the KAL will decide to switch the colors.
    Pleasant weather here again. I guess this is that annual last burst of nice weather before November sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't lose heart. I like your colors and am looking forward to seeing the shawl reveal itself. Hopefully, you will pick up speed with the repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about keeping up with the kal. When the new parts arrive, is it possible to not look at them? That way, you could enjoy the making of the part you are on whilst anticipating what might be in the next part. I do appreciate that it might be an impossible task as other makers might be posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete