Saturday, August 20, 2022

 

A better day. I didn’t get out, because of having to wait for a Waitrose delivery and also not feeling entirely well in the morning. I’m much better now, and the effort of putting the groceries away has provided a fair amount of exercise. It’s not easy to carry anything when steps need to be supported by frame or even stick, and a lot of my groceries consist of bottles of water – heavy – standing in for cider.

 

Helen came, and it was good to see her. She is flying off tomorrow, well before dawn, for a few days’ get-together somewhere in France with a bevy of friends from school. She’ll get back 48 hours before the Games start.

 

She brought with her a wonderful bag which a clever seamstress friend has made for her from the previous Evendoon (which she murdered by washing in too-hot water):

 


Here is the next one, getting on nicely:

 


News from Kate Davies about her winter plans is enough to reconcile one to the fading of the light. I have forgotten the details, but there is to be another winter club, and a collection of travelling stitch patterns.


Comments: Kirsten, I will remember your suggestion of bouillon for low blood sugar, if it happens again. Tamar, I think you may well be right, that I didn't eat enough the evening before.


Wordle: I got it in three today, and proudly posted my result first of the group. Mark logged in half an hour later with a two. Thomas had four; Alexander had a three like me, and Ketki got it in two like Mark. Both Alexander and Thomas had one of those famous Wordle guesses where you get four letters right and fail for lack of the fifth. Alexander was missing the first letter, Thomas the last. It took me quite a while to figure out what those unsuccessful guesses might have been.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. =Tamar8:14 PM

    Clever indeed. Now it'll look like a deliberate choice to make a set.
    Doing things one-handed is tricky at times.
    Weather is still bearable here but it seems to be a little hotter today, or maybe it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 PM

    Evendoon is spectacular! I may try to knit a similar jumper for a grandson. And I may even have enough yarn in my stash with a few bits added. For children it is essential they be knit in machine washable yarn, or one risks a bullet proof sweater, several sizes too small.
    Glad to hear you are getting around.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:27 PM

    I meant to add that the bag from the original Evendoon is quite wonderful. Clever daughter you have.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to tell comeone...for the first time ver, I got Wordle in 2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:52 PM

    I got it in two this morning-first time ever. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shandy2:23 PM

    Evendoon is looking great - and you have made wonderful progress on it. Two full sweaters in not very much time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of those walking trolleys with trays attached are super for carting stuff around the place. I found mine invaluable when I broke my ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:47 PM

    What a brilliant bag! If one has to lose a sweater to an unfortunate laundry incident, this must ease the pain.
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete