Monday, August 29, 2022

 

I’m beginning to come round from the Games. I’ve picked up and counted and deployed the stitches for the second Evendoon sleeve, knit the first decrease round, and wound a skein for the next stripe.

 

Here I am in the Home Industries Tent, studying the “Knitted Toy” category. That’s Helen’s husband David behind me, pushing the wheelchair which I have temporarily deserted..




 

Here is Farouk, shortly before or after winning the prize for being the best old dog in the Golden Oldie category. That’s his brother Mungo with him.



Our only other competitive effort was in Tilt the Bucket. Mungo and Fergus competed, and got wet. One competitor rides in a wheelbarrow carrying a lance. The other pushes the wheelbarrow. The lance-carrier tries to throw it through a hole in an apparatus supporting a bucket of water. If he fails, which is usually the case, both get wet.

 

Wordle: three for Alexander and Mark, four for me, five for Ketki, six for Thomas. My starter words gave me three browns. I thought hard but finally entered a Jean-word. It proved very useful. It gave me a new letter – a green one. It turned two of my browns green as well. The Jean-ness of the word had consisted in leaving one of the browns out, but the guess nevertheless revealed what position it would occupy. So I had, in effect, four greens and the answer was easy (for once).

5 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:32 PM

    Farouk is looking handsome, as is Mungo. How big /small is the hole the spear has to go through? Do you get more than one try? I assume the "mechanism" behind the bucket is a person.
    That's a varied selection of toys, but nothing like Sam the Ram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21 AM

    4/6 in Wordle. Fun to compare. Anonymous Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:33 AM

    I am sure I can remember when you won the knitted toy prize with your ram.
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Thanks for the pictures! My first glimpse of the wonderfully-named Farouk. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou3:42 PM

    Like Ron, i thought of Sam the Ram!

    ReplyDelete