Saturday, August 13, 2022

 

A good day, but idle, I’m afraid. It’s getting too hot even for me.

 

I saw both Archie and Kirstie, briefly. She has been struggling with the problem of getting back to London with the trains on strike. Archie (who is a serious reader) makes it sound as if I might enjoy Midnight’s Children. I have eschewed Rushdie altogether up until now.

 

Knitting: I’ve done eight (I think) of the ten rounds needed for the next Evendoon stripe. I will try to finish it this evening, but I do tend to wilt, this time of day.

 

Wordle: It’s a silly word again today, in my opinion. Mark and Thomas and I got it in four, Ketki needed five. Alexander, on the basis of two browns, did it in three. Too clever by half.

9 comments:

  1. I don't always agree with you that some words are silly but I certainly DO agree today; very silly word. But I got it in 3, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Had my first-ever Wordle fail today. And it took my husband six. Ugh.

    I, too, would recommend Midnight’s Children. I resisted reading Rushdie for decades. When I finally caved and started this novel, I was enchanted and also embarrassed that I’d waited so long. (This is The Other Kristen.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:54 PM

    I was cross with Wordle today. I didn't get it and I agree that it was silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Anonymous = Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou11:42 PM

    It took me six today as well. A bit slangy for a legit word, in my opinion. I’m swatching for ver strongly tweedy/marled yarns. It is challenging to find a stitch pattern that isn’t too complex to get lost in the yarn, nor too boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly word, for sure - I failed, which rarely happens. Midnight's Children - yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. =Tamar2:58 AM

    Wilting happens. Still, every round counts. I've been reading books I bought last year. Better late than never, at least with books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very silly word indeed. Managed it in 5.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a very silly word and I laughed when my guess (that I thought couldn't be right!) was it! It was different enough that I can remember it too.

    ReplyDelete