Wednesday, August 17, 2022

 A good day. I did my exercises and got all the way around the garden with Helen. I finished the ribbing at the bottom of the body of the Evendoon, except that I haven’t bound it off. I made some progress last night with the Blue Badge application, and I’m ready to do some more in a moment.

 

We had ntermittent sunshine today, and how happy the world seemed for yesterday’s rain!

 

The next task Blue Badge-wise is to affix a photograph of my driving license to the on-line application. They promise to explain how to do that. Last night I was worried because Archie had taken a picture of the license standing on its short end, and I don’t know how to rotate it, although I used to do that sort of thing all the time. This morning I woke up with the solution in mind: take another picture of the license myself. So I’ve done that. I’ll let you know how I get on with affixing.

 

I had a message from the American Loop from which I learned that Brooklyn Tweed has brought out a lighter version of their Tones yarn. I was rather taken with the “Shadow Stripe (garter stitch) Tones Pullover” illustrated. That presumably means alternate rows, or rounds, of the two colours. And if the sweater is knit in the round, it means (tediously) purling alternate rounds in order to achieve garter stitch. . I’d be glad to know more about shadow stripe garter stitch.

 

Wordle: three for everybody today except Alexander. He got it in four. His third row had four greens, but he guessed wrong for the fifth letter.

4 comments:

  1. Kate Davies has a tutorial (https://kddandco.com/tutorials/) on knitting garter in the round without purling. Can't remember how it goes but I used it in Ella Gordon's Hap Cowl a few years ago and was pretty happy with it despite making a couple of mistakes. It might be trickier trying to use it for something striped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar8:23 PM

    A good day all round. I think there was a way of using two yarns, as if working each half flat but twisting the yarns at the side seams so that they are connected, but I haven't done it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Interesting sweater- it’s not knit in the round! The Ravelry description includes “fold in half, sew side seams”. So it’s knit flat, no purling!
    It will look great on a man, some women may find the shoulder emphasis less appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:15 AM

    The above anonymous is Phyllis, formerly New Jersey but now living in Florida.

    ReplyDelete