Sunday, August 21, 2022

 I can’t be said to have accomplished anything, except a bit of knitting, but I would call it a good day. C. came – that means, no baby yet for Christina and Manaba – and we got across to the garden, at least. Perhaps I had better start setting myself daily goals such as finishing the application for the parking badge.

 

I have finished the sleeve decreases for the first sleeve of the Evendoon. As with the body, I am simply going to take the length from what I see on the example Kate Davies is wearing in the pattern illustration, as I know she is wearing the size I am knitting. As mentioned here before, it is a tremendous, unexpected pleasure to be knitting a sweater completely out of stash. And not even something that was bought as a sweater’s-worth: real left-over stash.  I’ve got several sweater's-worths, nay, an alarming number.

 

Franklin has posted a video of the water of Leith, which is within easy walking distance of my house for those who are not crippled by arthritic hips. He has gone back to Paris now. I did meet him once, when he was teaching at Loop in London. I met Shandy that same happy day. We had lunch together after the morning class. I am beginning to be tempted to sponsor him. I am sure he works very hard for his patrons.

 

Much of today’s nervous energy was devoted to a delivery of cat litter. I get a large box of it by standing order once a month from Amazon. I also get about a week’s supply of cider. (The point was, originally, that both items are heavy and therefore awkward to carry home.) They are usually delivered together, but this time today was devoted to cat litter whereas the cider is promised for tomorrow. I don’t know whether I love or hate those live maps that show you where the delivery van is and how many more stops before you.

 

Wordle: it was one of their specials today. Poor Alexander had a potentially right answer in line two, but the first letter was wrong. Same story for line three. And four. And five. He got it on the sixth. At least his winning streak wasn’t broken. Thomas also scored six, with three wrong guesses. Ketki and Mark each had two wrongs, and scored five. I was top of the class: by the time I was in a position to guess, I guessed right, and scored four. Sheer luck. I amused myself later by working out what the four other potential words were.

3 comments:

  1. It is so annoying when you get the last 4 letters and then there are choices to make.....and it's always the wrong one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:16 PM

    I also struggled with today's Wordle and it was one of those "whew" days and I had the last 4 letters in the right place on the 3rd try! Too many possibilities.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get it even though I had the last 4 letters by the 3rd try! So many first letter possibilities!

    ReplyDelete