Friday, August 19, 2022

 

A less good day.

 

As soon as I put my feet on the floor this morning I felt that my blood pressure was low. I got dressed. I fed the cats. I didn’t faint. But that was about it. C. came and instead of walking she made me my breakfast – wilted spinach with an egg poached on top; same every day. That helped. Her expected grandchild – Christina and Manaba’s second child – is now officially full term. Poor C. can’t even sit down with a glass of wine after a long, hard day in case she suddenly needs to drive out to Roslyn and take over the care of wee Hamish.

 

So, with that, not much knitting. But some. The sleeve progresses.

 

Wordle: my starter words yielded four browns this morning, about as bad as it could be as I’m no good at anagrams. However this time I found an easy one and proudly typed my answer into line three. My four browns were now four greens, but my choice for the missing fifth letter was wrong. Thomas and Mark also scored four; Alexander and Ketki got three.

4 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:37 PM

    I wonder if what you had for dinner, and when you ate it, might somehow be connected to a lower blood pressure morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou12:46 AM

    Took me 6 - I am not good an anagrams, either. A friend’s mother has vacillating blood pressure, and they have no idea why, either. Looking forward to baby news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that when I wake up feeling dizzy and unstable a cup of bouillon seems to steady me. I use Marigold bouillon powder; a teaspoon in a medium mug. When we lived in Indonesia and Singapore I occasionally came over all faint and it was eating or drinking something salty that put things right
    Wordle was 6; I'm just happy to have got there at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou10:48 PM

    The Evendoon bag is clever! I got no letter on my fist guess today, and all but one on the second. No rhyme or reason there! A friend at the horse barn showed me a picture of the shadow stripe sweater today. I

    ReplyDelete