Wednesday, August 03, 2022

 

Another good day – the third in succession on which I have walked all the way around the garden. I don’t feel I’m accomplishing anything with all this movement, but it’s better than not moving. Tomorrow things will get exciting. Helen will come early and carry Paradox off to have an expensive and unnecessary injection, so that we can take her to a stud and get some kittens. This is Helen being energetic, but it would certainly be nice to have kittens. I could easily sell them and earn enough to pay for the stud, except that I doubt if I could bear to sell kittens.

 

Then we will go and have coffee in the garden with a neighbour.

 

The knitting is also moving forward nicely. One more day – or maybe even this evening – and I will have reached the point where the pattern suggests trying it on. We’ll do that (and I’ll take a picture then). I am beginning to think I might have enough yarn for the whole thing, except for the white stripes. 



(image from the Kate Davies website)


But when my single ball of white runs out, I do have a large ball of her Ooskit yarn, probably in the middle of the three natural shades. I used it as the main colour of my recent Lilias Day instead of the white prescribed. How would that look? One can but try and see.

 

Wordle: I got it in three today, thereby restoring some self-esteem after yesterday’s disaster. An easy three, as well. The starter words produced two greens and two browns. All too often in that situation I sit there for long periods struggling titanically to think of any word which fulfils the requirements, or even any word which would fulfil some of them. Today it was easy to think of one – and it was right! Mark and Alexander also scored three, Thomas four, Ketki five.

 

2 comments:

  1. =Tamar2:18 AM

    You are accomplishing movement. That is important! It's slow but steady increments that keep you functional and able to have coffee with a friend and neighbor.
    I am slightly dubious about the yarn substitution; off-white for white in mid-sweater did not work when I did it years ago--it just looked dingy. I would try for a yarn of the same level of whiteness.
    Congratulations on Wordle in three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:36 AM

    The walking keeps up your muscle strength: if you can get round the garden, you can get more easily up and down the corridor and also, perhaps, around a supermarket or from the car to a garden shop or pleasant cafe on the seafront somewhere for a coffee and a view. My mother, who loathed her walker when it became necessary (rather than embracing it as a valuable friend and supporter which maintained her independence), did enjoy a wheelchair ride round a gallery or stately home - pushed by a willing donkey from among her children and grandchildren. Being able to have an outing did keep her spirits up! You won't be surprised to learn that a reliable and modestly priced folding wheelchair can be obtained online. Mum enjoyed waving her stick and shouting "onwards" when she was ready to go.

    The off-white swap might look fine as it is stripes, as you say, can but try.

    ReplyDelete