Sunday, August 07, 2022

 We had a grand time at Jupiter Artland, although I am exhausted and my hip is complaining somewhat.  A sculpture park benefits greatly, we decided, from being set in a glade of trees as that one is. You discover the pieces of art one by one, and can never see the next or the previous one while standing with the one you are contemplating.

 

Helen says we are going to the Games! That will be on the 4th Saturday of this month. We’ll go up for the day, she says. All I really want to see is the opening ceremony, when the local baronet leads the pipe band across the bridge and onto the Bannerfield. He carries a drawn sword as he does so. I just looked him up and find that he is a whole five years younger than I am, so he may well still be able to get all the way across the bridge with a drawn sword. I do hope so:



It would be fun to get to the Home Industries tent if possible to see the knitting and the locally-grown courgettes. Maybe we could acquire a collapsible wheelchair by then. The Games themselves I would be happy to miss.

 

I got a wee bit of knitting done before we set out this morning, and may (or may not) do a bit more this evening. Surely I will be in a position to divide sleeves from body tomorrow.

 

Wordle: I struggled again today. My starter words gave me four brown tiles. It wasn’t easy, but finally I thought of a word which used all four in permissible slots, and introduced a new permissible letter. It was a real Wordly word, too. But it was wrong. That was line three. I struggled on, and got it in six. Alexander and Ketki scored four, Thomas and Mark three.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 PM

    You sound so good and positive today! I am cheered by the fact that you are going to the games this year. Reading about them, and seeing pictures in past years was a real treat. Hope the weather and everything else will cooperate for you.. Julie in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou2:02 AM

    How wonderful to get to the games!! When we first “met”, you were making Same the Ram!

    ReplyDelete