Sunday, January 08, 2023

 

And still no knitting. I think that was among the symptoms of advancing malaise before the first of my recent hospitalisations – that must have been in the declining months of 2021? I could look back at the blog.

 

Otherwise a pleasant day. I didn’t attempt Mass because I was expecting Amazon. I knew they wouldn’t turn up early, and they didn’t. but the anxiety would have been too much for me. They came about 4 p.m. -- in time to allow a brief nap.

 

And C. came to see me this morning, We had a particularly pleasant time. Both were struggling with Wordle, and I eventually failed, ending a winning streak of more than a month. It wasn’t an especially exotic word, and everybody else in our little group (C. isn’t a member) scored three or four, as usual, except for Big Rachel who came in with a triumphant two.

 

Prince Harry’s book to look forward to this week. Amazon says it will be here on Tuesday. It is a very sad story. As we all know – as the King and Prince Harry must of course know – there have been rumours that he is not the King’s son. I gather that these rumours have been largely discounted, but still they can’t be entirely imagined away. I wonder if the book will mention them.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, Harry states that his mother did not meet Major Hewitt until two years after his birth. More bizarrely, the King had come across a patient in Broadmoor who was convinced that he was the Prince of Wales and teased Harry that this might be his true father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Genes can do funny things. I think I read that even for-certain siblings can carry very different genes or DNA (can’t remember which). Also as he’s gotten older he is beginning to look more like Charles around the eyes and with the premature hair loss. And if Diana had an unknown even to her early miscarriage, Harry would be the third child and they often look like the milkman, as the saying goes. I read these things. Hope they don’t sound too half- baked. But as I look around families they appear to be borne out. Jean, you can make even a word game sound entertaining to more than just the participants. Chloe

    ReplyDelete