Thursday, January 05, 2023

 

There can rarely have been a day with such a spectacular lack of event to report. Still: Helen and her family are safely back from Cheshire. That’s a comfort. When I go to bed with my mobile telephone on the chair beside me, there’s someone I can phone with it. (I have an alarm system as well.) AND she has spoken to Daniella who says she’ll be back next week. They talk to each other in Greek; I love to listen, uncomprehending..

 

I didn’t do much hat-knitting today. I have at least embarked on the crown shaping, and employed some dp’s. I didn’t do much of anything today, in fact. . I’m reading Alan Bennett’s “Keep On Keeping On”. He’s amusing, and interesting, and rather depressing.

 

Wordle: We were all over the place today. My score was an undistinguished five, in which I was joined by Mark and Big Rachel and Thomas. The Americans did better – tour for Theo, three for his father Roger. Ketki and Alexander – who tend to score the same, I think; same starter words? – both came home in three as well. I’m going to risk giving something away: if you find yourself with grn,grn,grn,grn,??, the answer is not the word you think of first, but the other one. Thomas, Big Rachel, Mark and I, and even Roger in his second line, fell into that trap.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike for Wordle today as I got no hits with my two starter words. As in NONE! Never had this happen before. It's lovely knowing a lot of letters are wrong, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I have a different word. None of those letters are in my word today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ochre, paint and slate are my starter words. I'm a bit random regarding which I use first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I play Wordle daily too. I used to start with ADIEU but now I start with random words that pop into my head. I have nailed it in 2 a couple of times but 4 is my most frequent score.
    Weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou4:25 PM

    Happy to hear that Daniella is returning. For you and for her children. I'm getting to the crown shaping design of my hat. That part is fun, but also tricky. Exhausted from shoveling snow!

    ReplyDelete