Friday, January 06, 2023

 

I would leave the blog unwritten this evening, so inert have I been, except that I want to record Wordle. Tomorrow should be better. Helen and David and I are going to a knitting exhibition at the Dovecot Gallery. I’ve forgotten its nature, but I should be able to tell you tomorrow. Helen says that “Dovecot” in this case is pronounced as spelled; it’s “doocut” elsewhere.

 

I went on reading Alan Bennett, who continues to be rather depressing. He’s just my age – slightly younger, in fact, but within the year. So when he comments on current affairs, his diary entries might be mine, That doesn’t make them less depressing.

 

Wordle: Difficult today, although perfectly fair. I was very proud of my four, and nobody did better. My two starters produced two greens, both vowels. Then what? Inspired by your comment, KirstenM, I put in another word. Not a possible winner, because I had to move the green vowels; not one of your interesting suggestions, either, because they all involved too many letters that I had already eliminated. But it worked, in that it gave me two new browns, and from there I solved it. Mark and Thomas and Theo, normally the cleverest, all needed five. Theo’s father Roger scored six. Everybody else four, with me.

6 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see some comment on the unfolding revelations by Prince Harry, who seems intent on washing his dirty linen in public. Perhaps surfeiting the appetite has sickened for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen snippets and all I could think was - That is stuff that should be discussed with your therapist.

      Delete
  2. =Tamar8:27 PM

    I avoid reading depressing things. Taking a day off is healthy. You should be rested up for the knitting exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Ugg, My Wordle was 5, and I was so happy to finally solve it. And although it is a fairly common word, I just couldn't think of it, and by the time I put the letter in, before hitting enter, I wasn't even sure it was a word!
    I comforted myself by buying yarn for two grandson sweaters. They are still pretty young so these should not take too long and will be ready in plenty of time for the Australian winter.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitwear - Chanel to Westwood at the Dovecot ('doo'kit').

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Royal Families of many countries have always behaved in extraordinary ways over the centuries. As dar as this country goes. I blame Henry VIII for setting them off down this path. Or maybe wicked King John and the Magna Carta. Or perhaps that ill-omened 'Generation Game' episode with Sarah Ferguson. TV and newspapers just means that the gossip and whisperings have become billboards and headlines. I quickly scroll on to the next thing. I agree with Judy; should have been discussed with therapists and several decades ago...

    ReplyDelete