Tuesday, January 24, 2023

 No knitting, again today. How long will any of you want to go on reading this dreary chronicle?

 

Tuesday was my bath-and-hair-wash day, so no attempt was made at walking. David and Helen came to see me. He’s got one more day here, and then will be back here again at some point in February, so that’s not too bad. Today is Helen’s actual birthday. She was born just in time to avoid coinciding with Robert Burns.

 

They delivered much thought and advice about my hip; no decision. David and Helen both seem to think I should spend all my spare cash on it, rather than waiting for the NHS. Is it worth it at my age, is the question. Helen pointed out that a successful operation could mean that I would be able to cook. That's a serious incentive. 

 

Wordle: my starter words yielded two greens and two browns this morning, and I thought, I’ll score  a three! At last! But I guessed wrong. And then, in line four, guessed wrong again. So I wound up with yet another five. No one else in my little group did that badly. There were lots of threes and fours. Theo and Mark distinguished themselves with twos. Theo’s starter word gave him one brown. He seems to have lept from there straight to the solution.

7 comments:

  1. Wordle was very annoying today. First line, last 2 letters were green, next, the last three were green, and then 4 greens, but too many choices for the first letter and I only just succeeded in time.
    Regarding your hip, how long does one contine to 'save for a rainy day', and how do you decide if that day has arrived?

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar8:06 PM

    I agree with them, being able to walk sooner rather than later will keep you functional and out of a care home, and it is best to do it while you are still strong enough to benefit.

    Don't let the cat-caused setback stop you from knitting. That yarn needs to be rescued, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 PM

    Jean, your chronicle is definitely not dreary. I am going to keep on reading as long as you are willing to keep on writing.
    Helen (anon)
    ps you've got me hooked on Wordle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:55 PM

    I also scored 5 today and feel it was hard won.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou3:40 PM

    Cooking, walking, searching for lost knitting— think of all you could accomplish! If it keeps you at home, it seems to me it would be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep reading as long as you keep posting! Don't comment, but always read your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:06 PM

    You are never, ever dreary! No matter the subject. Eileen in Chapel Hill

    ReplyDelete