Monday, January 16, 2023

 

I have very little to report. Some knitting, not much. I cooked the last of the Mindful Chef recipes: not much of a success. Lots of healthy ingredients – beetroot, lentils, spinach, apple, but they didn’t combine into much of anything. Daniella is back, and has brought me some soup which I will have for supper. The hat was well received. I never did photograph it. It's time I got it into the side bar, at least.

 

Patty Lyons’ book of Knitting Tricks has turned up. I hope to report soon.

 

A nice man who knows about Japanese clocks came around this morning to see ours, along with Helen who had somehow made his acquaintance. Maybe it was the unusual effort of sociability which has left me weary and depressed.

 

Wordle:Alexander was today’s star, with two. Big Rachel and Mark got three. Four for everybody else (including me) except Theo, who needed an uncharacteristic five. My starter words gave me a green consonant and a brown vowel. I stuck to my good resolutions, and found a qualifying word (surprisingly difficult) for line three. It turned my initial brown green, and gave me another brown. That was enough.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:12 PM

    Oh dear, that does sound, well, unimaginative of them. Also, no grain to make a whole protein with the lentils? I suppose they couldn't package bread and maybe they thought rice wouldn't work.
    Congratulations anyway, another day of knitting and cooking, not to mention the book and socializing. Rather a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 PM

    I'm so happy Daniella is back, with soup to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 PM

    So glad about Danielle! I woke up unexpectedly slightly depressed too. I think it is the mid-winter weather. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou3:56 PM

    Hooray for Daniella and good soup.Nothing cheerier than good soup.

    ReplyDelete