Wednesday, January 11, 2023

 

Here I am in the catalogue room in the very last of Wednesday afternoon’s light. We’ll see how I get on.

 

Helen and I repeated yesterday’s little walk, and it didn’t flatten me quite so flat as yesterday. I hope I can get out tomorrow. Here are the promised snowdrops:




 

No knitting, although I hope for a bit once I give up on daylight. On Helen’s suggestion, I wore the hat for our walk.

 

I’ve read resolutely on, in Prince Harry’s book. It’s skilfully done, and sends one away feeling very sympathetic towards him. The military, so far, is clearly the best thing that happened to him. I’ve just reached Meghan. That may change my opinion a bit. So far, the tone is affectionate towards his father but frostier towards his brother and sister-in-law and stepmother.

 

Wordle: Three for me today – self-respect restored. Big Rachel rang up this morning, and at that point she and I congratulated each other on having the only three’s. But then Theo scored a brilliant two, and his father Roger three. Fours and fives elsewhere. Mark (a four) feels that it is an Americocentric word.

 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 PM

    6 for Anonymous Janet in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordle editor reveals the words people have complained about the most https://mol.im/a/11620241 via https://dailym.ai/android

    Today's daily mail had an article about wordle. I wondered if you might be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar9:51 PM

    Hat worn for full completion! I'm glad the walk has already had a positive effect. Regular activity, no matter how small, works.
    Brave little snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou11:31 PM

    Lovely snow drops! And whether it is an American usage depends on how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:37 AM

    Wow I think every January I am amazed you can see snow drops at this time. They are so welcome!
    Right now Toronto has no snow, but it will get here. At least sunset is now at 5pm and later daily.
    Lisa RR

    ReplyDelete