Wednesday, January 04, 2023

 

Thank you for your help with Patty Lyons’ book. I’ve ordered it. It has to come from the USofA apparently, so won’t be here with Amazon’s usual dispatch. I’ll keep you posted.

 

Another grey day. I need to get out. Warm, though. And the knitting has reached the crown shaping – not long to go.

 

I spent some time yesterday clicking on dates in the sidebar, more or less at random, and was horrified, in a sense, to see how much I could do eight or ten years ago – looking after my husband in the last months of his life – (that means among other things producing breakfast, lunch, tea and supper daily without fail) --  writing Christmas cards, wrapping presents, all while getting a substantial amount of knitting done. No longer.

 

Wordle: we were all over the place today. My score was an undistinguished five. I was joined there by Thomas, which was some consolation. Alexander scored a brilliant two. Little Rachel failed – she got stuck with ?,grn?,grn,grn and kept guessing wrong, I can’t think of that many words. Everybody else got four.  

1 comment:

  1. =Tamar3:07 AM

    I do far less, and I'm rather younger. Keep on keeping on - it really is true that you use it or lose it. Congratulations on beginning the crown.

    ReplyDelete