Tuesday, January 17, 2023

 

It’s cold. Helen has just been here. She’s going to Kirkmichael tomorrow, to see a man about the driveway. I worry about icy roads.

 

Again, a day of not much. Daniela administered a much-needed bath this morning, and I feel the better for it. She was wearing the hat. I did a bit of knitting. The radio mentioned this morning how soon this year’ Calcutta Cup match will be. Any minute now (=early Feb.). I have no hope of finishing Fergus’ sweater in time, especially at my current leisurely pace. I might as well give up and stop worrying.

 

I can’t see any difference in the advance of daylight in the mornings. Helen says there is a marked change in the arrival of darkness in the afternoons. And I do at least feel that it isn’t getting darker any more.

 

C. is coming to lunch tomorrow, along with a friend she met on the first of our cruises together in 2021. C. is very good at friendship. Best of all, she is bringing the lunch. I remember Joy, of course, and it will be good to see her again.

 

Wordle: I was today’s dunce, with five. Threes and fours elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn her in Sussex is only a minute or two before 8, and mostly the skies are so dull that it looks as though it hasn't even happened. But evenings are definitely later. Quarter past 4 today - hooray

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar4:53 PM

    Keep on keeping on, and it'll fit someone. I once took eight years to finish a baby blanket; there was still a baby around to give it to, though not the original one. Perhaps a Calcutta scarf is in order.
    Sunny and cold today in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete