Monday, January 02, 2023

 

I was very grateful for your messages yesterday – I’m always afraid, when I drift away like that, that you’ll lose interest and drift away too. But here we are, facing 2013 together. Thanks.

 

I knit pretty industriously this morning – setting myself repeatedly to finish the round before I allowed myself to drift away to do something more attractive. But I still haven’t quite reached the crown. Tomorrow, surely.

 

Helen and David and Archie and their dog Farouk looked in, on their way to Cheshire (of cat fame) to see David’s mother. They’ll be back late on Wednesday and then, at last, will take my ailing vacuum cleaner to a Man.

 

Somewhere in the midst of all this the winter VK has arrived. (It’s called Designer Knitting here.) It’s a stunning disappointment – the issue that should be the best of the year. Thin and dull. Is it about to cease publication again? Norah Gaughan is still listed as editor-in-chief, but I don’t see much sign of her hand here.

 

Wordle: we were mostly three’s and four’s today. Four for me, it has to be confessed. The three’s were Big Rachel, Theo and Ketki. (Not everybody contributes every day, and the Americans sometimes log in after I have written to you.) Alexander and Ketki’s son Thomas scored five – he’s usually ahead of us all, so it is gratifying to beat him.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. What a great picture in yesterday' s post! That's a lot of weddings inRachel's future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar7:35 PM

    Belated Happy New Year! Your life is busier than ever. Congratulations on forging ahead with the hat. Too bad about the magazine, but maybe it was just a bad period for design. I glimpsed a picture of what are supposedly the Official Colors for fashion this year, and maybe the designers just couldn't think of anything to do with that palette. Ugly shades, in my opinion, but somebody must have liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Happy New Year Jean! I read somewhere yesterday that the Perth Yarn Festival is to become the Scottish Yarn Festival. I’m presuming that the Edinburgh festival is not to be resurrected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Anonymous = knitalot (Jan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:46 AM

    Happy New Year, Jean! Good to have you back. We were down with flu over Christmas and still very washed out at New Year, but the son in law and daughters took over - and roasted and baked and filled the house with laughter and fun and enticing smells. So everyone was happy, even our grumpy little cat.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Lou6:21 PM

    I think I commented anonymously yesterday, oh well! Today I made wordle in 4, which is my goal. A few days ago I missed entirely. Today is snowing heavily, and I'm designing a hat pattern to teach cable knitting. I made most of one in Blue Sky Fibers Tweed and decided it was much too heavy. I think the yarn is a bit closer to a bulky than an Aran, as it is billed. Back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete