Sunday, March 12, 2023

 

France beat England yesterday, roundly. The match was in London (I was wrong) and England had never in the history of rugby football lost at home by so wide a margin. Ireland beat Scotland today. And since watching England lose is a good deal more amusing than doing the same for Scotland, I am feeling less than cheerful this evening. Here is a link (I hope) to a Six Nations ad which was never shown on the BBC because they decided it was “anti-English”.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmkbJlYx1v8

 

I got quite a bit of plain knitting done both yesterday and today, but now I find that something is slightly off with the row count. Have I short-changed one of the stripes? Done four rounds where I should have done six? I’ll do a bit of counting and calculating before I go to bed. I don’t really like garter stitch, despite EZ’s enthusiasm for it.

 

My appt with the surgeon is early tomorrow. I am anxious and apprehensive. I have re-read the letter from the man we (=Helen and I) saw on the NHS some weeks ago. It is more balanced than I had remembered between the options of operating and not-operating, given my age and “co-morbidities”. I must not let myself be rushed into anything. Paradox will be spayed on Thursday. The poor beast is at least spared some anxiety and apprehension.

 

C. came and took me to Mass this morning, always pleasant. She is just back from London where she stayed with Rachel and Ed and had a good time and saw a lot.

 

Wordle: Alexander claims that the late postings of his Wordle score are because he has changed his daily routine. Why on earth?

 

Three, I think, was our majority score today, including me. My starters gave me four browns. I hate anagrams, but the first qualifying word I thought of was right. It turned out that my four browns were the four last letters, and that there were at least two other possibilities for that first position. Mark (six) and Daughter Rachel (five) both fell victim to that unfortunate configuration. Alexander, who didn’t, needed five.

3 comments:

  1. =Tamar6:38 PM

    The link worked. It's a cute ad. Some people have no sense of humor.
    Best wishes for both the appointment and the counting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:16 PM

    If he says age was a factor (I was worried about that) then what would he suggest for the pain? One step at a time, I suppose. …first, I guess, would be the x-rays. Fingers fervently crossed either way. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou3:43 PM

    Hope all goes well at the doctor today!

    ReplyDelete