Monday, March 06, 2023

 

Life is back to normal. Daniella restored the house to order, and Archie came for a pleasant hour between assignments. He is working for a charity which may well be called Scottish Autism. Something similar if not. He goes about befriending the people he is assigned to. Sometimes that means cleaning and tidying and even cooking, sometimes just sitting and talking, or going for a walk. 

 

Chloe, that is a good idea about weights. I have a couple. My husband used to tie them on his ankles when he was doing exercises similar to the ones I am doing now – sitting in a chair, lifting first one leg and then the other, holding it out with the knee straight for five seconds or so. Never did him much good. I am getting on pretty well, and thought I might try it with weights. I set Daniella to finding them. She can find anything. I’ve also got stretchy bands for exercising the arms, left for me by the personal trainer I used to have, who went off to Orkney. Daniella has located them, too.

 

I very much hope that I can spend two or three weeks in the fancy care home where I was last summer, after this operation. Their physiotherapy is good, and they should be able to advise on a future programme as well as dealing with the immediate situation.

 

Knitting continues, slow but steady. I have done a fourth lace round. There are three more to come, with many a plain knit or purl round in between. 

 

Wordle: I don’t entirely approve of today’s word. I hope that isn’t too much of a hint. I scored five, today’s highest score, so maybe that is sour grapes speaking. Granddaughter Rachel – we haven’t heard from her for a while – was another five; some comfort.  Today’s stars were Thomas, Theo, and Roger with threes. Fours elsewhere. Alexander and Ketki both posted their scores at about 7:15. That might mean that they’re home from the subcontinent.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:52 PM

    I agree with your disapproval of today's Wordle word. - Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou7:07 PM

    Is today's word an Americanism? It took me five tries to get there. Sounds like a job well suited to Archie's kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Well, it's a common word in the UK too. Took me five tries too. Did seem an odd choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:29 PM

    Above comment was Beth - not sure why it came up as Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. =Tamar5:53 PM

    It isn't the intensity so much as the steadiness, in exercise as in knitting.
    Now you have me wondering what the word was.

    ReplyDelete