Thursday, March 02, 2023

 

I’m sorry about yesterday. I had what constitutes for me a busy afternoon – no nap. And when events finally quieted down I was too tired to eat (or blog), and that left me flat this morning. I think I’m back on track now. Now that the mobile telephone problem has been solved (see previous) we are face to face with the problem of cashing in one of my ISA’s to pay for the hip replacement. It is proving something of a struggle, but I think we are making progress.

 

And the knitting progresses, as well. It's a long way around, especially on the purl rounds. But I'm close to halfway through the feather-and-fan border. 

 

Small World Dep’t: Friends of Helen’s from Greece are staying with her at the moment. Her friend’s grandfather and my father-in-law – who is Helen’s grandfather; maybe it’s neater to express it that way – were colleagues in the foundation and operation of the Friends Ambulance Service in the First World War.

 

Wordle: yesterday (MOOSE) my second starter word – which is HOUSE – gave me ???, grn, ???, grn, grn. And so it remained, through lines three, four, and five. I got it, on line six. It made a nice grid of which I was rather proud. No browns at all.

 

I hoped this morning that I could report that it was Ladies’ Day. Ketki and I scored three; all the chaps came in higher. But daughter Rachel spoiled my little plan  with a five.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lou4:18 PM

    Did your husband come from a Quaker family? That is a small world story. Have you seen the Modern Daily Knitting piece on Edinburgh? There are descriptions of several exhibitions that sound like a real treat! Perhaps you can get a push round the Dovecot Studios before your surgery. But you have no doubt seen plenty of early fair isle and stranded knitting in your travels. Wordle took me five tries this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 PM

    MOOSE broke my 299 winning streak for Wordle. Too many choices after you get
    ?šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š(let’s pretend those are green squares)
    (Pattie in Geneseo, NY)

    ReplyDelete