Monday, March 20, 2023

 Paradox usually sleeps at the foot of my bed, on a folded blanket placed there for the purpose. Last night, she curled up next to me, at waist height. It was nice to be able to stretch out a hand in the darkness and find Soft. It was awkward, however, getting up in the night to pee, as I often do, and worse, getting back into bed without disturbing the cat. My hip is getting worse. Finding a comfortable position for it in bed is not altogether easy. A sleeping cat in mid-bed doesn’t help.

I think quite a lot these days about whether the time is coming when I should move into care, or in-with-Helen. Especially now that the hope of being made mobile by surgery has receded.  Much to be said on both sides. 

Otherwise, there is little to report. Knitting has advanced to the decrease round. I was getting on fine with the first side when the lunchtime excitement began – a friend, a Mindful Chef delivery, the need to cook lunch after the friend left. I hope to do some more this evening.

 Wordle: KayT, comment yesterday, I didn’t like CREDO because I don’t regard it as an English word. CREED would have been fine.

 Four for me today, not the worst score. My starters gave me a green and a brown, both vowels. My starters include five very common consonants, but there is a pair of consonants I’m rather fond of which aren’t eliminated so when it is possible, I start out in line three by trying to include them. So I did today. The answer was wrong – but it gave me ???, grn, grn, grn, grn which was good enough to be going on with.

 Rachel was today’s star, with the only three. Fours for me and Thomas and Alexander. Five for Mark and Ketki 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM

    I don’t think I have the same Wordle words as you. I didn’t have Credo at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:01 PM

      Hmm, I had CREDO yesterday. I thought the words were the same worldwide.
      I managed in 3 today. I always share with my two sisters, and one sister managed to get the word in 2 tries! She is usually the laggard so we were all thrilled.
      And Jean, it is difficult to decide when to move into a different setting as we age. We will be facing the same choices soon and we live in a Brownstone with three flights of stairs between our four floors. Our daughters are worried about falls, but they live far away, San Francisco and Melbourne Australia. Both places are wonderful to visit but we love New York and don't wish to leave.
      Sarah in Manhattan

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:02 PM

    I am a retired first grade teacher. Daily in first grade we taught reading by asking the children to come up with letter sound charts. For example words that have long o/ silent e. That strategy is so helpful with Wordle! A year ago I began a Feldenkrasis practice for bothersome hip pain with a Feldenkrasis practioner. It has really helped tremendously. Have you heard of it?

    ReplyDelete