Thursday, March 03, 2022

 

A fairly successful day, despite grey clouds. Alexander came. We got around the garden. I advanced the Aroon jacket sleeve. I paid a couple of bills. It all feels good.

 

Wordle: I failed today. I think somebody commented recently that she has resisted the international enthusiasm because she’s no good at word games. I can’t find the comment, if it exists – but please don’t let that hold you back. I’m terrible at Scrabble, and not very good at crossword puzzles, and held back when both Alexander and Rachel were telling me to do Wordle. Alexander is one for puzzles; Rachel isn’t. But they were both right.

 

I’m very glad that the NYTimes has had the wit to limit it to one a day, so that we can talk about it among ourselves like this.

 

Helen says that my sister recommended Strong Women Stay Young to her years and years ago, when she (daughter Helen) was living in the US. I’m sure it must be the text that my sister herself follows. I haven’t even started trying to build up sit-to-stands yet, but I will soon. It should employ muscles involved in operating hips and thus might help my present discomfort.

 

Helen is going to Thessaloniki tomorrow, for a week. She says the weather forecast is gloomy. I was there at precisely this time many years ago (?20), when Fergus was born, and I remember both wonderful sunshine with frogs in every puddle singing the croaking chorus from Aristophanes; and remorseless rain, the day I went to Philippi. His birthday is tomorrow. Poor Fergus: everybody had wanted a girl. We're quite pleased with him now.

5 comments:

  1. I am also no good at Scrabble or crossword puzzles, except the NYTimes mini crossword. Wordle is short and sometimes frustrating, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar11:29 PM

    Sounds like a great day!
    Sit-to-stands, hmm? That sounds like an increase in 'get up every so often', which is something I try to do but often neglect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Poor Fergus: everybody had wanted a girl. We're quite pleased with him now."
    I got quite a good laugh from that. It was nice to hear that things were looking up today.
    I managed to get Wordle on the last try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I've given up buying books for Lent; things were getting out of hand, but now I'm thinking that the Strong Women Stay Young might be a good purchase. I'm making a note for after Easter. In the meantime I'll just have to carry on with what I'm doing, snippets gathered from YouTube etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:58 AM

    For years I have had the tendency to jump up and attend to various things during a commercial. Now that commercials have become annoyingly frequent, they have probably improved my health. (Not always "jumped," sometimes creaked up.). Chloe

    ReplyDelete