Monday, March 28, 2022

 

Another grand day, forecast to be the last for a while.

 

I knit resolutely on. Here is the pattern (probably exclusive to Jamieson & Smith):

 


And here my reconstruction of it, so far:




 

My determination is to knit on, stitch by painful stitch, until the new needles show up. They’re on their way, I’m told. Maybe even tomorrow? If they don’t help, I may decide that I’m too far forward to change gear. Magic loop? I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. I have nearly finished Chart A: Calf.

 

Helen’s husband David came to see me today, back from Manchester where the whole family was briefly together with his mother. and we got around the garden. I’ve heard again from Helen, who continues to enjoy Ravenna. Her teacher, the whole object of the enterprise, has got Covid. Helen will be taught by her teacher’s sister, and seems happy with that arrangement. David is going back to Thessaloniki tomorrow. He will join Helen in Ravenna soon, and they’ll come back here together just in time for Easter.

 

Wordle

 

It went to the other extreme this morning. All of us got the final four letters quite briskly (I was the slowest). But from that point, _****, there were by my count at least seven common English words, depending on what letter you chose for the empty first space. Thomas Miles and old-friend-Mark got it in four, Alexander in five. I failed altogether, due in part to a stupid choice, and so did Ketki, who doesn’t make stupid choices. I prefer EPOXY and NYMPH.

 

4 comments:

  1. One of those Wordle days where your early guesses can make a difference. By the time I got the last 4, I had used up most of the appropriate first letters, so I got it in 5, with only one other good guess I could see left. Glad you got out to enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leg warmers are beautiful. I love the colors! But I can see how difficult it could be to knit Fair Isle in the round. And stressful. I'm sure you will carry on and they will be a wonderful gift.

    I never got NYMPH on Wordle yesterday; my first fail. But I got today's word in 3. Lucky guess once I had the last 4 letters all in beautiful green!
    If the weather is awful you can skip the walk...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Wordle in 3 today with lucky guess for the first letter. Happy you got around the garden on a lovely day. I was rear-ended (well my car was) on Saturday and I spent lots of time today dealing with insurance etc. No one was hurt, but the driver who hit me was an 18-year old with a provisional license. I spent time calming him down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar2:30 PM

    Progress is made. I like the colors, too. The times I've done Fair isle in the round, the project was small enough that I could stretch it out after every few stitches, so I don't think of it as being too hard. If the weather is bad, couldn't you walk around a while inside the flat? But perhaps the weather makes you too sore for that. I gather it has something to do with the air pressure.

    ReplyDelete