Thursday, March 31, 2022

 (Blogger greeted me this evening with the message: "Unable to create new post". Then it relented. What's going on?)

A night’s sleep has somewhat restored me. It’s still cold (cold, but vernal) but Daniela managed to propel me around the garden. I am particularly fond of the two post-equinoctial, pre-summer-solstice months which have 31 days, namely March and May. It seems like a bonus, those two "extra" days, especially May 31.

 

Knitting went well. Kirsten (comment yesterday) I hope you like those needles, but I must emphasize that my recommendation is for small-gauge colour knitting. I am looking forward to a reversion to dps for the final legwarmer ribbing as I might look forward to a draught of cold water after a hike through the desert. And it shouldn’t be long now. At my current pace, I could finish the current leg in as little as two more days. I’ve finished Chart B and moved on to Chart C:ankle. I don’t normally suffer from second-sock syndrome, so I would say that things are looking good. Especially considering that I was prepared to abandon the pattern a few days ago.

 

Wordle

 

Today’s word is on the difficult side, but not in a league with NYMPH or EPOXY. Today was the opposite to the usual Wordle situation: I had the last four letters and went back and forth through the alphabet without finding anything for that empty first position which yielded an intelligible English word. Then I found it. Ketki’s grid looks as if she had much the same struggle. Old-friend-Mark is today’s star: he got it in three. Alexander needed all six – that doesn’t often happen.

 

I have decided to forbid myself the further use of Jean-words. Henceforth everything, after my two starters, must be a legitimate guess, using any greens (of course); all browns, each in a new position; and only letters which haven’t already been eliminated.   

 I am bidding for a rare Kirkmichael postcard this evening, singularly unattractive. I’ll tell you about it tomorrow, win or lose.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Non Knitting comment. I've been following your Wordle posts and finally succumbed to the challenge. It is FUN. I'm still working on my strategy for a successful outcome but I've only had one complete failure so far. Other family members are playing also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today a Wordle fail. I had the first two but got nowhere. Tomorrow is another Wordle. Congratulations to your group

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I used my usual "starter" word and got nothing. Second "starter" word: nothing but one vowel. On the other hand, I had now eliminated all the other vowels! The rest was pretty easy. I usually need 4 to get it but I'm perfectly happy with 4. I think a 1 or a 2 is mostly luck, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Needed six tries to get Wordle today but I did it.

    Cogratulations on the leg warmer progress.
    And walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wordle is 5 today. Not my best!
    My wordle stats seem to reset on their own. My winning streak started over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. =Tamar6:31 AM

    Possibly one system or another was busy at the moment. Sometimes my system tells me it has no internet connection even as it is responding to a command to do something on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took all the goes to get Thursday's wordle.... pesky repeated letters. I love a gadget which is why I am curious about the needles. We had 5 mins of what passes for snow in Sussex, and then a piano pupil (on zoom) half a mile away lost the plot briefly when there was snow in her lesson, and half an hour later on a zoom with friends the other side of town they too had 5 mins of snow! One little cloud blowing across the town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:29 PM

    "Singularly unattractive"! I'm looking forward to its story.
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete