Sunday, March 06, 2022

 

A fairly successful day, with sunshine. Wordle in five. A walk with C. A titanic struggle with my telefonino – I inadvertently allowed it to update the software and then couldn’t get into it for lack of my Apple password. I think all is well on that front, too, although I still don't know my Apple password. I regard the little telephone as a safety backup, as well as my falls alarm.

 

Not much knitting, but some, and there’s time for more. I managed only one sit-to-stand. C., who is a year older than the eldest of my children, can still bend over and touch the floor.

 

The KD essay about herring fishing in Loch Fyne (there used to be lots; now there’s none) was very interesting. I forwarded it to Alexander and Ketki.

 

I like the Pressed Flowers shawl, Mary Lou (comment Friday) – and there’s nothing better than teaching something, for learning about it. Been there, done that.

 

There’s a most attractive men’s vest in the How To Spend It section of today’s Financial Times – my one newspaper-on-paper these days, a real weekly treat. A full page colour picture, so crisp that one would scarcely need a pattern. I think I’ll tear the page out.

 

My internet hub has developed alarming symptoms. Will this message-in-a-bottle reach you?


3 comments:

  1. Reached me, thanks, Jean. Looked up the FT men's vests - "knitted tank tops", as the paper calls them: I think the one that impressed you must be the olive-green cabled number: nice front pattern and held at the sides with some odd-looking ties, which one needn't copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drew the same conclusion as Beth, assuming you were not going for the eyelets. We had rain all day yesterday and unexpected snow overnight. Quite a mess to clean up. Happy to sit with my knitting and my feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar3:47 AM

    A good photo is pretty much all a good knitter needs, isn't it. I assume one sit-to-stand is a repetition of six times. Good for you!
    We've had lovely weather this week. There are shoots coming up from the few daffodils left in the yard.

    ReplyDelete