Sunday, March 27, 2022

 

And yet another beautiful day. For a while this morning I feared it was going to be one of those sad days when all of GB enjoys sunshine while Edinburgh remains swathed in a haar. But it lifted, and we had the sun like everybody else. C. came, and we hobbled around the garden. That’s twice in a row. The hip is very sore. Life seems much more purposeful, however, with the hour of daylight moved to the afternoon.

 

Helen is safely in Ravenna, delighted with her AirB&B. She sent me a picture of purple artichokes piled up in the market. They are my all time favourite luxury food. I can live without caviar and even lobsters.

 

I have knit stoically on with those legwarmers, but I’m not enjoying the experience, and there are still 175 rounds to go. I will press on until the Crazy Trios arrive, and then we will see. I’m not asking for great speed, just to enjoy the knitting. I even went to Ravelry and contemplated some of the legwarmers on offer. I could probably work it out for myself. Ribbing of some sort, for the sake of the fit. Decrease somewhat for the ankle. What about the kilt hose (without, in this case, the feet) which Kate Davies knit for her husband to wear on his wedding day? I’ll have a look.

 

Wordle

 

I, too, Sarah, would have expected an unfinished attempt to vanish at midnight. How interesting. This is EPOXY you are talking about, yesterday’s word? When I thought of it, I wasn’t at all sure there was such a word. I typed it in expecting to be wrong.  Today’s is another toughy, and my glory is that I did better than Thomas Miles, Alexander and Ketki’s son. It took him five. I and everybody else needed four, except for Alexander who pulled it off in three. Poof, again. Again, I’m not sure I would have got there but for the feeling of group pressure. Old-friend-Mark had so remarkable a chart that I wish I could send it to you. Rachel hasn’t figured out how to join our group. She, too, got today’s word in four.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the word that was so difficult was EPOXY which is not unfamiliar to an architect. Still working on today's word.

    sorry to hear the leg warmers are not a pleasant knit. Is it a complicated pattern with colors. I will look back at your posts to see if I can find a photo, but I don't think you have posted one yet.

    And wonderful that you walked again today in the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Epoxy...certainly goes against the theory of sticking to common words. Probably pretty familiar to home do-it-yourselfers as well as architects. Cheers for doing it in four. Chloe

    ReplyDelete