Friday, March 18, 2022

 

A fine spring day. Wordle in three. The cider finally arrived, after a long, slow afternoon.

 

C. came, and instead of walking around the garden, we went to Broughton Street and picked up my pills from the chemist. We thought the distance was about the same, but I think it must have been a bit longer, perhaps two or three hundred steps. It left me feeling pretty flattened. Still, we got there and we got back and it was no doubt good for me.

 

My two introductory words gave me all five letters in Wordle (a first),  two greens and three browns. Since – if you stop to think about it – I knew, for each brown, three positions it didn’t belong in, it didn’t take long to slot each of them into its own slot. I hope I get something with more thinking involved, tomorrow. I wasn’t entirely happy with today’s word; we can discuss that tomorrow if there’s nothing else to talk about.

 

I’m doing fine with the Baby Surprise. I finished the basic knitting, looked up garter stitch kitchener’ing, and joined the front. It looks very tidy. Then I looked up Attached I-Cord and made a start on that, around the neck. I’m slightly short of halfway.  I’m slow and clumsy, and it was just the thing for a long afternoon of waiting.

 

All my deliveries seem to come in the afternoon, making napping impossible. What do these people do in the morning? This one was scheduled for the 3-5 p.m. slot, but when 3 p.m., so breathlessly awaited, finally arrived, the slot had been changed to 4:30-7:30. It came, in fact, at about 5, and all is forgiven.

 

Helen keeps an Instagram account going in my name, and yesterday had a little video of me knitting the Baby Surprise, with some appropriate music. You who are younger and cleverer about such things, may be able to see it.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with your opinion of the wordle word. I did get it but it was with a sense of disbelief I entered my choice of letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Jean - wordle in 3 but not happy with the word. Refraining from further comment until all your followers have had a chance at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sa the IG video and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordle in 4. I am just amazed how many common 5 letter words there are. I am looking forward to hearing about what the unhappiness is with today's word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't find you on IG, what's the channel name

    ReplyDelete
  6. =Tamar1:52 PM

    The extra-long walk is evidence that your efforts have been rewarded with greater strength. It wasn't so long ago that you didn't get around the garden. Congratulations!
    And now you are on video. Internet video stardom awaits. I wish I were able to watch such things, but my computer is antiquated and this is not the weekend to try to remedy that. I'm told that this (Saturday March 19th) is "National Sleep Day" according to someone in the US. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree about the wordle word. To be discussed. It was great fun to see you in action with Baby Surprise. It does sound like you are getting stronger. Perhaps the sit to stand is helping. I'm coming into the home stretch of the Pressed Flowers shawl, and then my least favorite part, the blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:32 PM

    In the morning they sort the parcels that have travelled to the depot over night and load the vans in order that the deliveries are done in the most economical order

    ReplyDelete