Monday, March 21, 2022

 

I’ll have to try to be quick. The kitchen is full of the disiecta membra (I think that’s more or less right) of a batch of kimchi which I must put to bed before I do the same for my weary self. Everything is done except for the paste – water, rice flour, brown sugar – and the final amalgamation.


Another fine day. Another circuit of the garden.

 

Wordle in three, but this time it involved thought. My two starter words produced two greens and two browns. I was tempted to try TAPIR next: it’s the sort of thing I would have done a fortnight ago. Is there such a word? It’s not right. It omits one of my browns, and includes a consonant I had already eliminated. I considered how much information I would have gained – there’s always some – and then took myself in hand, thought of a word which fully qualified – and it was right.

 

As for knitting, no steam iron yet, but I have cast on a legwarmer and made a bit of progress.

 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Wordle description, and the kimchi progress. I am enjoying Wordle with my sisters and daughters and their husbands. My husband has not caught the bug.

    I saw you working on the leg warmers on Instagram. I noticed you cast-on to 4 needles. I always use three needles when doing socks or leg warmers. I'm curious as to the advantage of the extra needle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your Wordle reports. I'm playing and though I'm not posting my results anywhere, it is interest to read how you are doing. Also good to see you are able to get your walks in. How are the sit to stands coming along? Getting any easier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Dear Jean. Finally realized I could see you on Instagram. Among many other things (including the cats!) I loved the pictures of Ketki and Helen when they were young, and the Carol Sunday design on Helen. (Have to rush to Carol's website to check out that one!). All quite fun! Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar3:24 PM

    Well, tapir is a word. It's some kind of South American animal, I think (too lazy to look it up). Your activity level seems to be increasing. Mine is, very slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wordle has me gripped. Forget about knitting.

    ReplyDelete