Friday, March 04, 2022

 

Another fairly successful day. Grey again, but definitely vernal. C. didn’t come – still nursing her cold – so Daniela and I walked in the late afternoon, when I would have thought myself too tired. I finished the first sleeve of the Aroon jacket. The light was fading as I cast it off. I’ll take a picture for you tomorrow. It’s looking good, but it’s going to need a lot of finishing, including – horrors! – a couple of buttons. Horrors! because I'll have to sew them on. I have nothing against buttons per se.


And there'll be more on the Baby Surprise.

 

I failed at Wordle again – twice in succession. I got two vowels in their green places and simply couldn’t think of a word to fit, except for words that used letters I had already eliminated. Some experts say to start with “adieu” (apparently that’s an acceptable English five-letter word: who knew?) for the sake of all those vowels. I like a few consonants, myself. I think my favourite starter is “train” although I have a couple of others. “t” “r” and “n” are all in the top of the letter-frequency alphabet. It didn’t do me much good today. “Adieu” would have been better.

 

This week’s pattern in Kate Davies’ “Argyll’s Secret Coast” club is a very nice all-over Fair Isle of a not-too-complicated sort. The stitch pattern in fact is the same as last week’s “Queen of Auchtachoan” hat. This club has produced some first-rate patterns. And the essay promised for this weekend is about Loch Fyne where Alexander and Ketki live, so that is likely to be interesting.

3 comments:

  1. I always start Wordle with train, as you mentioned, followed by mouse if necessary. That way I cover all the vowels and many high frequency consonants. I am somewhat successful but get flummoxed with a vowel at the beginning!
    I’m ready to start a BSJ at your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of a different word most days, but audio is a good one. Today I used cheat…I’ve started the Pressed Flowers shawl by Amy Christoffers for a class in April. It’s great fun, a pretty mosaic. I’ve wanted to make it, so I figured if I offered it as a class, I would do it. I think the motif worked as a rectangle it would be a lovely baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar2:50 AM

    Buttons aren't so bad. Consider: if you had been sewing it out of woven fabric, it could be Velcro.
    Hooray for indomitable walking!

    ReplyDelete