Tuesday, March 29, 2022

 

Sure enough – the weather has turned. I didn’t try to go out. Bath day.

 

The new needles came. They are a vast improvement on a small circular – I’m going to be able to persevere and finish. It’s not exactly like the joyful Fair Isle knitting of my middle years, or even like wee Hamish’s Calcutta Cup vest (above), but it’ll do. It occurred to me that I might allow myself a bit of Machu Picchu in the evenings after a particularly virtuous day of legwarmering. Carol Sunday’s yarn is delicious on the hands and the stress-free experience would be good for shoulder and neck tightness. Alas, I couldn’t find it, although I’ve got the yarn all right.

 

I spent an interesting half-hour going through all the project bags I have piled up around here. No luck on Machu Picchu but I found a certain amount of delicious yarn. Then I looked around the room and there it was in plain sight, slightly elevated to keep it beyond paw-reach.

 

I mentioned the other day that I was worried about how tightly I seemed to be knitting the legwarmer. Today I reflected that that might be a good thing. When I was considering switching patterns yesterday, and browsing in Ravelry, I noticed people grumbling about how they didn’t stay up (different patterns, different yarns). Maybe tight Fair Isle will counteract that tendency:




 

Wordle

 

Queer Joe has had a hole-in-one! That must have been yesterday, with that word that offered so many choices. He’s not likely to have used EPOXY or NYMPH (the two preceding days) for his starter word.

 

Ketki and I needed five this morning, Alexander four, Thomas Miles only three. He’s bright, that boy. We haven’t heard from old-friend-Mark yet.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Being a knitter cost me a turn on Wordle today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeaked under the wire - it took all six tries. Happy to hear you may be returning to one of your WIPs. It's not my work but it is satisfying to see things ticked off in the column. Happy WORDLEing and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so hoping it was shawl! But no, cost me a turn as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar5:28 PM

    That picture gave me a laugh! Yes, it does look as though perhaps the fair isle will stay up.

    ReplyDelete