Saturday, March 19, 2022

 

It’s been the best and warmest spring day yet. Archie rang up to say he had missed the targeted bus, so Daniela walked with me and Archie limped in later. We got some papers filed.

 

 Here are the sporting results: Italy beat Wales, and did it in Cardiff at that. “Home advantage” is a big thing in rugby, especially for Wales, so it was a truly major win for hopeless Italy. Ireland beat Scotland, as expected. France will play England this evening, in Paris I think. I think I’ll go to bed and listen to it on the radio.

 

And I got Wordle in five. It was a game involving thought, as I had hoped. My two starter words yielded two vowels, both brown. I set myself resolutely to think of a word using both vowels, in new places, and at least one new consonant. I think, in the end, I introduced two new consonants, both wrong, but one of the vowels was in its proper place, so now green, and the proper place for the other one could be deduced. So now the game was on, and eventually I thought of a word which fully qualified – but it was wrong. It yielded, however, four green tiles, and my next guess was right.

 

My favourite Times columnist, this morning, was writing about boring, in all its manifestations. Nothing is so boring, in his opinion, as people who post their Wordle results on social media.

 

I’ve finished the Baby Surprise. The neck is a bit untidy-looking. I won’t photograph it for you until I’ve seen what improvement – or not – a steam iron can bring about. Tomorrow’s job, therefore, must be to sew those buttons onto the Aroon jacket, and finish it too.

 

Kate Davies has posted a surprise pattern today, not part of the Argyll Coast club, called “Mooch”. It’s a yoke pattern, and I like it and it’s in Schiehallion and another yarn; and I like knitting with Schiehallion.  And here I am about to rack up not one but two FO’s….

 

 

3 comments:

  1. For the first time ever, I got that Wordle in 2. Pure fluke, of course. Do try Quordle - it is just a bit more taxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar12:33 PM

    FOs fill one with such confidence. I should try that sometime. It was very warm here too, even at night. I don't think the heat went on even once.
    In the past I have found that if I am bored, it's because I'm avoiding something, I wonder what the columnist was avoiding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you crochet at all? It's a quick fix for the untidy neck.

    ReplyDelete